It’s not pleasant being the new guy. There’s always a bit of discomfort, a bit of friction when starting something new. And the truth is that, most times, the advice that is out there on the web is kind of confusing. Which advice do you follow?
That’s why I am going to offer you some real simple tips. Ninety of them.
Super easy. Super cool. Super useful. Especially if you’re a novice, struggling with readers, with staying consistent, with everything.
- Everyone sucks when they try something for the first time. Everyone. Including you.
- Reply to comments. I assure you, it’s never a waste of time.
- Leave 10 (thoughtful) comments a day on other people’s blogs. It’s one of the best strategies you can use.
- Work on your headlines. Every. Single. Day.
- Work on your introductions. Every. Single. Day.
- If your post isn’t fantastic, it’s not worth other people’s time.
- If your post doesn’t add value to someone else’s life or helps them solve a problem, it’s (probably) not worth publishing.
- Do not count on friends or family. They are (almost) never a part of your target audience.