If you want to become a better blogger, the first thing you need to know is that you’ll have to work hard. Sorry. There’s no way around it, no shortcut, no tip or trick.
You have to be willing to show up, and you have to be motivated enough to want to improve.
In this post, I am going to share with you twenty mindset tips to help you become a better blogger.
Because I believe that it all starts and ends with your inner game.
How’s your mindset?
Not great? Not sure? Not wanting to think about it?
Well, let’s read on and see what it takes to become a successful blogger.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.
Are you willing to do what it takes?
Are you willing to punch those damn keys even when you don’t feel like it?
This is the most important step in becoming a better blogger.
Doing the work. Showing up. If you don’t show up, nothing ever happens.
Then, you should keep in mind that:
- Blogging is simple, but not easy.
- Success is never owned. You have to pay rent. Every day.
- You need to pay your dues first, before you get the reward.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Focus on habits, not goals.
- You can’t be successful without discipline. Keep showing up and persevering.
- There will always be resistance; punch those damn keys, anyway.
- Know your why. A strong enough why can overcome any how.
- Stop worrying about being a good blogger; just punch the damn keys.
- Forget about being popular; write what sets your soul on fire.
- Get over your notion that perfection can be attained.
- Write your truth even if your hands shake against the keyboard.
- When everyone else is giving up, that’s when you have to put more time and effort.
- Provide value to your readers.
- Patience is a virtue.
- Little by little, a little becomes a lot.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, to break some rules.
- Don’t just think outside the box. Think like there’s no box.
- You write blog posts one word at a time. That’s all it takes.
- Never, ever, ever give up.
Mindset is crucial.
If you don’t get your mind right, you will never have the inner fortitude to develop the skill you are required to become successful.