There is no elevator to success. You’ve got to climb the ladder. Also, you can’t climb the ladder with your hands in your pockets.
What does this all mean?
There are no shortcuts, there’s no set of rules that will guide you. There’s no secret.
You must work hard. But, at the same time, you must work smart, which means to become as efficient as possible.
This got me thinking: what sort of “hacks” would I say are essential to the modern blogger, especially the one who’s just now starting out?
Essential blogging hacks:
- Write every single day. It may be rubbish, but it will help you get into the habit of writing first of all. Habits are essential to reaching your goals.
- When you write, write! Punch the damn keys. No distractions – that includes your phone or TV! You can’t use one hand to scroll through Instagram and the other to type a brilliant blog post.
- Don’t worry about what others might think, just get the stuff done. There’s a fine difference between writing what your readers want to read, and being anxious about what they might say or think about your content.
- Don’t focus on money, focus on your readers. Write quality articles and do everything you can to make your readers happy. The money will come.
- Become an expert in your niche. First of you learn, then you earn. Respect, followers, money…
- Make it a point to read everything. This is true for all writers, No matter new or old. You need to keep the spirit to write alive. But do not only read the stuff that you like. Read everything, because it will help you.
I hope this short list of blogging hacks serves you in your journey in some form or the other.
What would you like to add to this list? What is something you wish you knew when you started blogging?