The obvious answer is “no.”
You should never quit blogging.
But what about a certain blog? Should you give up? Delete it?
Here’s a list of questions to ask yourself when trying to decide whether you should give up on a blog or not.
- What are my goals with this blog? Am I on the path to reaching them?
- Am I passionate about the topic of my blog?
- How does blogging feel to me? Like a chore? Better? Worse?
- How many posts do I publish on a monthly basis?
- Do I have time to properly manage this blog?
- Are people interested in reading my blog?
- Have I invested enough time and energy? Should I do more?
- Is this niche becoming more popular or the opposite?
- Is the blog earning any money?
- Are readers engaging with my content?
- If readers are commenting – what are their opinions?
- What are other bloggers writing about my blog?
- Do I have anything original and useful to say about my topic of choice? Do I add to the conversation?
- What else could I do with the time that I spend on this blog?
- What would the impact be of me giving up on this blog?
- read and enjoyed my stuff
- was willing to pay actual money for it
Keep this in mind whenever you feel like giving up, on your blog or on anything else you want to do.
Yes, maybe your blog does suck.
But this can be temporary, if you so choose.
After all, a man’s success is determined by their focus and commitment.
How badly do you want it?