On average, 8 out of 10 people will read the title of your blog post, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest. This is why a great headline is so important.
The better the headline, the better your odds of getting your content read by more people.
Writing a great headline still means that you need to write the best post you can, but great writing with a bad or even generic headline is doomed to go largely unread.
So, how do you write a great headline for your post?
How to Write a Great Headline
- Provide some sense of what your post is about to the reader
- Make him curious as to what your post is about
- Convey the idea that this post is somehow unique
- Urge the reader to read the post RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW.
Ask yourself these questions before you write your headline:
- Does your headline make it clear to the reader as to what’s in it for them if they read the post?
- What could you add to make your headline more intriguing and believable?
- Does your headline trigger a strong, actionable emotion?
Some even say that you should spend half of the entire time it takes to write a blog post on the headline. So, if you have a blog post that is really important to you, one that you really want people to read, you should obsess over your post title.
It takes work and focus, but the effort will ensure that more people read your posts.