List posts are the blogosphere’s favorite for a good reason — “list” content works, in large part due to the attention-grabbing power of the headline, but also because of the shortening of attention spans due to instant access to information.
A headline that lists a number of reasons, secrets, types, or ways will work because the reader knows exactly what to expect from the post. As long as you deliver on your promise, everything should work out great.
Plus, these type of posts and articles are perfect for building your authority and demonstrating a mastery of your area of expertise.
With that in mind, let’s take a quick look at seven classic “list” headlines that you can adapt and use on your blog when you’re looking to boost readership.
1. Do You Recognize the 5 Signs and Symptoms of High Cholesterol?
This type of headline demonstrates the expertise that only comes from knowing your business or niche. People love to get a “heads up” on potential problems.
2. 8 Ways to Beat Writer’s Block
This type of post can only turn against you if you fail to deliver. Concentrate on writing brilliant content, and your readers will be grateful not only for knowing what you’re talking about, but also for communicating it so well.
3. 5 Simple Steps To Drastically Improve Your Writing
Offer people solutions to their problems. Simple, right?
4. Six Types of Investors — Which One Are You?
Brilliant way to let your readers figure out who they are in relation to a certain topic or niche. Also, a great chance to use the word “you.”
5. Here’s How to Write a Brilliant Sentence: 5 Easy Ways to Develop Your Writing
A “how to” headline mixed in with a list… good luck beating that.
6. Book Tells You 99 Ways to Get Inspired
Use this style of headline to promote a book you’re trying to sell, and you should get wider circulation.
7. 10 Reasons why you should read a young adult novel
Reasons, right? We all want to know why we should do something, because “because” is one of the most effective and powerful words in the English language.
Whether you have been blogging for years or just a few weeks, The Art of Blogging offers solid advice and practical action plans for creating an authentic and successful blog.
As someone who’s been there, I can tell you that growing your blog has a lot to do with hard work, consistency, telling a compelling story, being passionate. Yes, passion is the key to great writing.
By reading The Art of Blogging you will:
- Stop comparing your blog to those around you and instead learn to leverage your own unique assets.
- Discover the secrets to creating amazing, compelling blog content that brings readers back again and again.
- Learn how to increase your blog traffic and build a solid platform.
- Develop a solid social media strategy for capturing viral growth through the use of social media.
- Improve your productivity, learning to work smarter not harder, and take concrete steps to transform your blog into a business.